Entry to bOing is free so bring a picnic blanket, your family, friends…and your imagination!
Here are our tip tips for a brilliant festival!
Book your tickets early
Many events sell out early – so don’t miss out.
Payments on site
We accept card payments at the Gulbenkian Ticket Office, however the mobile ticket offices located at Luminarium and School of Arts will be cash only. There are ATM’s on site however, we advise bringing enough cash with you for anything you may wish to purchase. Outdoor catering facilities will be cash only.
The great outdoors
If possible all outdoor events will go on but make sure you bring sunscreen if it shines and raincoats if it rains.
bOing! really is for everyone!
This really is a festival for everyone, babies to great-grandparents. Even pets are welcome at bOing! – see pets at bOing! news post for more info. If the team can help you with any access questions then please call on 01227 769075 and let them know.
Don’t forget to eat
A wide range of meals and snacks will be available on the day but you are welcome to bring your own picnic! Find out more.
Make a weekend of it
You can now stay at bOing! The University of Kent has excellent B&B accommodation on offer, including 11 recently refurbished guest rooms in the Grade 2 listed building, Beverley Farmhouse. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities and access to a fully equipped self catering kitchen. These rooms are available all year round.
Book your rooms on our Holidays and Short Breaks Website.
KEEP YOURSELF & YOUR BELONGINGS SAFE
bOing! is a very safe place to be, but the following standard festival advice is worth taking in nonetheless… better safe than sorry!
- We have a basecamp area in case you need some respite, which is also an official meeting point. Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on children.
- Look after your belongings – make sure you keep your mobile, smart devices and wallet/purse safe and out of sight. If you find any items, please hand them in at Basecamp/Info tent or to a bOing! team member. If you lose an item, please inquire at Basecamp about lost items. If you notice any unattended bags/luggage items please do not move these and instead contact a member of the boing! team.
- We recommend activating the ‘find my phone’ app or similar on your smart phone before coming to the festival.
- Cashpoints are available on-site.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended and if it is hot please make sure you remain hydrated.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather. We recommend using sun protection if it is sunny, staying in the shade during the hottest part of the day and waterproof coats if the weather is rainy.
- If you see anything that concerns you or if you see anyone acting suspiciously please speak to the nearest bOing! team member – help us make bOing! a safe and pleasant place to be.
We take health and well-being very seriously at bOing! There will be to be first aiders on hand during the whole event.
TOILETS & CHANGING FACILITIES
Accessible toilets are available across site.
Young adult and adult changing facilities are available in the Library Building close to Gulbenkian.
Baby changing facilities are available at each venue.
bOing! is an indoor and outdoor event utilising the University of Kent grounds and venues. The majority of the area is flat and are serviced by a network of paths, however mobility problems are posed on grass areas, particularly in bad weather conditions. If it rains it may get muddy and access around the site (other than on paths) may be very difficult. Electric wheelchairs can tackle most areas without too much trouble but the ground can be uneven in places.
There are around 15 different venues and performance areas, which are located around the site. Download the 2019 site map.