Entry to bOing is free so bring a picnic blanket, your family, friends…and your imagination!
Book your tickets early
Many events sell out early – so don’t miss out.
The great outdoors
If possible all outdoor events will go on but make sure you bring sunscreen if it shines and raincoats if it rains.
bOing! really is for everyone!
This really is a festival for everyone, babies to great-grandparents. Even pets are welcome at bOing! – see pets at bOing! news post for more info. If the team can help you with any access questions then please call on 01227 769075 and let them know.
Don’t forget to eat
A wide range of meals and snacks will be available on the day but you are welcome to bring your own picnic! Find out more.
Noise levels will vary across the site and will be at a level suitable for families. Some performances include loud music, which could be too intense for smaller children.
If your child is sensitive to noise, you may wish to consider Ear Defenders, which reduces sound to a more comfortable level.
Make a weekend of it
You can now stay at bOing! The University of Kent has excellent B&B accommodation on offer, including 11 recently refurbished guest rooms in the Grade 2 listed building, Beverley Farmhouse. All rooms have shared bathroom facilities and access to a fully equipped self catering kitchen. These rooms are available all year round.
Book your rooms for University of Kent’s Family Friendly Accommodation.
Toilets & Changing Facilities
bOing! is a very safe place to be, but the following standard festival advice is worth taking in nonetheless… better safe than sorry!
- We have a basecamp area in case you need some respite, which is also an official meeting point. Be aware of your surroundings and keep an eye on children.
- Look after your belongings – make sure you keep your mobile, smart devices and wallet/purse safe and out of sight. If you find any items, please hand them in at Basecamp/Info tent or to a bOing! team member. If you lose an item, please inquire at Basecamp about lost items. If you notice any unattended bags/luggage items please do not move these and instead contact a member of the boing! team.
- We recommend activating the ‘find my phone’ app or similar on your smart phone before coming to the festival.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended and if it is hot please make sure you remain hydrated.
- Please wear appropriate clothing for the weather. We recommend using sun protection if it is sunny, staying in the shade during the hottest part of the day and waterproof coats if the weather is rainy.
- If you see anything that concerns you or if you see anyone acting suspiciously please speak to the nearest bOing! team member – help us make bOing! a safe and pleasant place to be.
- It goes without saying that all adults should be accompanied by a responsible child!
TIP: Take a photo of your children on your mobile phone on the morning you depart for bOing! so you have their clothing, hair style, and an up to date photo on hand at all times. Writing your mobile number on your child’s arm or hand in safe ink is also advisable so that if your child becomes separated from you, we can contact you directly.
bOing! is an indoor and outdoor event utilising the University of Kent grounds and venues. The majority of the area is flat and are serviced by a network of paths, however mobility problems are posed on grass areas, particularly in bad weather conditions. If it rains it may get muddy and access around the site (other than on paths) may be very difficult. Electric wheelchairs can tackle most areas without too much trouble but the ground can be uneven in places.
Parents/minders/guardians should download site map (available soon) before they depart for bOing! showing where the Basecamp is – this is the main help point for children/adults.
There are around 15 different venues and performance areas, which are located around the site.
Payments on Site
How to get to the festival
The bOing! bus stop is only 5 mins walk to the main festival site. Plan your journey at: stagecoachbus.com/eastkent
Follow traffic direction signs. For sat navs use postcode CT2 7NB
Parking is free across the whole University campus for bOing! drivers will be directed to Giles Lane car park using direction signs, if this is full other car parks will be signed.
Accessible bay parking
Drivers who have a Government Blue Badge are directed to park within the Central Visitor Car Park. Please check with Tickets & Information who will able to advise with regard to parking for specific shows on 01227 769075 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.